The old mill “Antico Mulino di Fontanetto Po” was built in 1465 and called “da Po” because of its proximity to the river. In 1911 the old mill was shut down and in 1956 the property passed to the Gardano family, who had already been millers for five generations. They restored the complex and turned it into an archeological-museum site open to scientists and the public alike. The water flowing in the irrigation canal still powers all the mill’s machinery! Amotherm protects the old wooden structures from fire damage in a completely non-invasive way.